Practicing in Mexico?

Started by notatall
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

notatall

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently in a MS in Counseling program and will graduate in Dec. 2020. I am planning on moving to another state to practice for a few years and then I'm planning on moving to Mexico (SO is from Mexico and moved to US for me and wants to move back in a few years). What are my options for practicing in Mexico? I can't find any information on this and my professors are at a loss.
 
Mexico's mental health system is not equivalent to that of the US. I'm not sure that counseling has the same legal/professional status there.
 
Right. I'm trying to find out if anyone has any idea what or if they do require anything to begin working as a therapist there.