China and Eastern Asia Practicing Medicine in S.Korea

Started by Matrix
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Matrix

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all!

I'm currently a 2nd year medical resident in the US in Internal Medicine. I have about two more years left till I graduate. I'm Korean and would love to have the opportunity to practice in my native country for couple of years before having a permanent job in the US. I was born and raised in Korea and finished highschool in Seoul before coming to the US and finishing undergrad and medical school in the US. I'm pretty fluent in Korean and know the Korean culture well. Some of my friends have told me that joining the US army/navy/airforce and coming to a base in Korea (such as Yong-San) is one way. Are there any other way for a US graduate doctor to practice medicine in S.Korea?