Practicing Out of State

Started by MommyOpt
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MommyOpt

Hi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I decide to attend Optometry school in Florida, what needs to be done to secure a job in my home state once I graduate (I do not want to live in Ft. Lauderdale other than for attending school)?
Is it only the State's board of Optometry test that needs to be completed, or is their additional tests?
 
If I decide to attend Optometry school in Florida, what needs to be done to secure a job in my home state once I graduate (I do not want to live in Ft. Lauderdale other than for attending school)?
Is it only the State's board of Optometry test that needs to be completed, or is their additional tests?

Each state has different requirements. You need to check the website of the state you want to practice in for their board requirements. Pass the exam in your home state, get your license in your home state, and you'll be all ready to practice.