• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

LatinaDr1984

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey there guys.. so Im new to the SDN network and was wondering if there were others out there who were still waiting and hoping for that one/first acceptance? Lets start a support group because I am losing some hope here (just got my first post-interview rejection letter from Downstate, my state school :( ) I am waiting to hear back from RWJ (interview 1/26) and AECOM (interviewd 2/13).. and then I have one more interview for University of Rochester in March which is a rescheduled one (I missed my first interview date due to the lakeside storm/blizzard on Feb 5:scared: )... so yea, those who are still hoping and praying: where are you waiting to hear from????? and lets support each other!!

DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Im with ya, Ive been praying for four years. 2 WLs and One pending (most likely a rejection because Texas doesn't like me :( )

LatinaDr1984

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Im with ya, Ive been praying for four years. 2 WLs and One pending (most likely a rejection because Texas doesn't like me :( )

Well keep on hoping!!! Its not over until Orientation begins right?? (I've heard of ppl gettin pulled off the WL the day before Orientation.... crazy:eek: ) Good Luck!!! Keep us posted!

About the Ads

Funky

This space is for sale
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey there guys.. so Im new to the SDN network and was wondering if there were others out there who were still waiting and hoping for that one/first acceptance? Lets start a support group because I am losing some hope here (just got my first post-interview rejection letter from Downstate, my state school :( ) I am waiting to hear back from RWJ (interview 1/26) and AECOM (interviewd 2/13).. and then I have one more interview for University of Rochester in March which is a rescheduled one (I missed my first interview date due to the lakeside storm/blizzard on Feb 5:scared: )... so yea, those who are still hoping and praying: where are you waiting to hear from????? and lets support each other!!
downstate isnt the only state school out there! dont lose hope

TleilaxuMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
Yeah I know how you feel....I only have gotten 2 acceptances and am waiting for the other decisions to come out next week!:(

DrCurious

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2005
Status (Visible)
This process is definitely draining. I have yet to hear from 3 schools, and waitlisted at the 4th, with one more interview next month. Waitlists just seem so painful.

Wait for mcat = 60 days
Wait for secondaries = 1-5 weeks.
Wait for interviews = 1-12 weeks.
Get a waitlist and wait = 1-6 months
Gain an acceptance = Priceless :)

Till then I remain distraught.

kc222

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Status (Visible)
And I may be waiting for longer too! Yup, I've had 4 interviews - none of which I have yet to know the outcome of. Who knows when I'll hear. . .:oops:

:luck: To you all!

instigata

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
This process is definitely draining. I have yet to hear from 3 schools, and waitlisted at the 4th, with one more interview next month. Waitlists just seem so painful.

Wait for mcat = 60 days

I can beat you...add one post-interview rejection to your list ;) (I make it seem like it's something to be proud of :laugh: )

cakebaker2

10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hang in there guys! Maybe we can imagine this stage of the application cycle as being near the end of running a marathon...? Hopefully you'll all get that much-looked-forward-to acceptance in the next few weeks.

Good luck :luck:

chevaliermalfet

Don't stop belivin'!
10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

Wait for mcat = 60 days

Well said DrCurious. Well said. After all that, you'd think we'd be better at this waiting crap by now. But hey, now that the interviews are behind us, we've completed the last stage, and the next thing we get in the mail might be an acceptance. All you need is one!

Btw, I know it's a bit late, but here's an entry I wrote about how strangely similar med school applications are like a broken-down romance . . . (y'all might just find it amusing . . . or awful. but hey, better than just staring at the wall right? lol)

prznpremed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Well said DrCurious. Well said. After all that, you'd think we'd be better at this waiting crap by now. But hey, now that the interviews are behind us, we've completed the last stage, and the next thing we get in the mail might be an acceptance. All you need is one!

Btw, I know it's a bit late, but here's an entry I wrote about how strangely similar med school applications are like a broken-down romance . . . (y'all might just find it amusing . . . or awful. but hey, better than just staring at the wall right? lol)

That's adorable, I just blogged about how applying to medical school is like going after an unavailable man. :)

great minds....

chevaliermalfet

Don't stop belivin'!
10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
hahaha. thank you prznpremed. anything to get a little humor into this awful process ;)

Mah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I had gotten two interviews right after my application was completed, and then nothing! supposed to hear from one school this week..

and I'm very scared :(

Ms MD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

Wait for mcat = 60 days

Haha ... I love that. This is so true.

LatinaDr1984

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I had gotten two interviews right after my application was completed, and then nothing! supposed to hear from one school this week..

and I'm very scared :(

Dont be scared! Stay positive! Optimism can get us through this waiting process!

Still nothing for me...:(

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.