Pre-Allo Waitlist Action

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StringerBell

It's the final countdown!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed over on the Pre-Allo forum there is a lot of waitlist movement being reported, on the magical day of May 15.

Although May 15 is a true deadline day for them, unlike for osteopathic schools, there is some evidence of waitlist movement already. Hopefully this is positive news for the rest of us, and we can see some waitlist movement soon, as well.

Good luck to everyone - I'm on 2 D.O. waitlists and one M.D. waitlists.
Let the shuffling begin!

Members don't see this ad.

I've noticed over on the Pre-Allo forum there is a lot of waitlist movement being reported, on the magical day of May 15.

Although May 15 is a true deadline day for them, unlike for osteopathic schools, there is some evidence of waitlist movement already. Hopefully this is positive news for the rest of us, and we can see some waitlist movement soon, as well.

Let the shuffling begin!

Atleast you are in.

Members don't see this ad :)
When do D.O. waitlists usually start to move? I thought that was also a May 15th thing.

It's my birthday. I want a waitlist to move on my birthday :D That'd be sweet.

Pineapples are sweet.

Other birthdays today:
Warriors Head Coach Don Nelson
Current and Former NFL players Ray Lewis, Emmitt Smith, Rod Smith
Atlanta Braves pitcher John Smoltz
US Olympic Gymnast Amy Chow

Also the first day of Joe Dimaggio's record 56-game hitting streak!

Happy May 15!

When do D.O. waitlists usually start to move? I thought that was also a May 15th thing....

Traditionally, there is some movement after May 15th because some people will be removed from the MD waitlists and will drop DO acceptances. However, there are some people who like to hold onto DO acceptances forever and ever-- just because they can. There are a bunch of kids in my class that got in off of the waitlist and the vast majority of them got in during the last month before school started. Many of them already had other plans for the next year when they finally got that acceptance. These are the four things you should think about if you are on a waitlist and have no acceptances (or not your top choice) yet.

1) You need to be realistic; set up a plan for the next year in case you don't get in.

2) You need to be patient, since it might take a long time before you have an answer.

3) You need to stay on top of things. Keep in contact with the admissions office and update your file once every couple of weeks if you can.

4) But finally, you also should also try to be flexible because you could be called any time up until orientation is over.

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Let the shuffling begin!

What schools are you waitlisted at?