Pre Application Jitters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyguy25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, like the title says getting a bit nervous about the whole DAT application process. So my question is what kind of material can I begin getting together prior to it opening up June 3rd? Already asked several profs for letters of recommendation and that's about it. Thanks for any input

Members don't see this ad.

1. Know how your school deals with sending transcripts. Where do you have to go to get these sent? Will it cost any money?

2. Do you have your letters of rec in Interfolio or in paper form? Check.

-----When the application opens, you will have then have directions on where to send your letters of rec and your transcripts, so you will have to cool your heels until then.

3. Do you have access to an unofficial transcript? My school has a section on our student accounts to view our unofficial transcripts. This will be helpful in filling out your class section info.

4. Have your personal statement ready to go. You can paste it into a Text file and correct any punctuation that didn't transfer. Make sure its under the 4500 or 5000 character limit (not sure the exact limit).

5. If you haven't already, you can send your DAT scores to schools that you will be applying. Some schools need official copies upfront; some need them when you're invited for an interview. (You can find info and what schools need come application time directly on their website.)

The rest of the application is just asking your name, your family, where did you grow up, etc.

Good luck.:luck:

Edit: You will need to know any volunteering that you have done (when, where, how many hours), how many job shadowing hours you did (when, what doctors, and where is the practice), and your job experience (I included all of my jobs in college). Job experience includes how many hours you worked at the job and a BRIEF summary of what that job entailed.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks psi, you're always a great help!

I'm getting really jittery about my application too!

Unfortunately, one of the factors that I'm most jittery about is out of my control now (my science GPA). :scared:

While procrastinating for a term paper, I looked up scientific research papers on procrastinating (not even joking). Basically, the bigger/more important the task is at hand, the longer people put it off dealing with it.

MrBeans, stay focused! Don't let the task at hand get any bigger or more severe than it already is or pretty soon you will have your head in the ground! Stay on top of your game. You are almost in the home stretch!

While procrastinating for a term paper, I looked up scientific research papers on procrastinating (not even joking). Basically, the bigger/more important the task is at hand, the longer people put it off dealing with it.

MrBeans, stay focused! Don't let the task at hand get any bigger or more severe than it already is or pretty soon you will have your head in the ground! Stay on top of your game. You are almost in the home stretch!

Thanks for the advice!

Let's hope that I only have to go through the jitters of DDS applications one time. :xf: