pre dec 1 interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothbugger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So does it matter when you schedule your pre-dec 1 interview? I have one scheduled on the second week of October and one on the second week of November. Is the november one considered late? or is there an advantage to being interviewed as early as possible? they don't offer admissions until dec 1 anyways am i right?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of dental schools do a rolling admission. In other words, they will "accept" students as interviews take place and fill spots up. Those that were already accepted will not find out and recieve an acceptance letter until Dec 1. It is best to try and interview as early as possible.

It DOES NOT matter if it's in August, September, October, and early November... as long as it's before the adcoms meet at the end of Nov when they go over all the applications they interviewed again to see who is accepted and who is not.

Rolling admissions do not start until after Dec. 1. But on the other hand 'rolling admissions' for interviews start as soon as the cycle opens.

Members don't see this ad :)
It DOES NOT matter if it's in August, September, October, and early November... as long as it's before the adcoms meet at the end of Nov when they go over all the applications they interviewed again to see who is accepted and who is not.

Rolling admissions do not start until after Dec. 1. But on the other hand 'rolling admissions' for interviews start as soon as the cycle opens.

this.

Wait, does it mean it doesn't matter when you schedule for the interview as long as it's prior to Dec 1?

I thought it's better to have early interview (like within september or early october)

Would someone clarify please?

yeah, I'm wondering this too, would early october be an early interview date?

Last edited:
I'm curious how they remember you when they have that meeting in November. How do they remember applicants from back in August? I know they take notes and probably have a picture, but that hardly seems like enough to base such a huge decision on.

Like, say it's November and I'm an adcom and I just finished my last round of interviews. Those students are still fresh in my mind. I would straggle to remember individual interviews from August after seeing hundreds of faces. Do they really just go by the notes they took?

I'm curious how they remember you when they have that meeting in November. How do they remember applicants from back in August? I know they take notes and probably have a picture, but that hardly seems like enough to base such a huge decision on.

Like, say it's November and I'm an adcom and I just finished my last round of interviews. Those students are still fresh in my mind. I would straggle to remember individual interviews from August after seeing hundreds of faces. Do they really just go by the notes they took?

They will give each applicant an interview score, which will be combined with all other scores (DAT, GPA, EC etc). Then, at the end of Nov, they will sort the interviewed applicant by their scores, and hand out acceptances.

They will give each applicant an interview score, which will be combined with all other scores (DAT, GPA, EC etc). Then, at the end of Nov, they will sort the interviewed applicant by their scores, and hand out acceptances.

This. I talked to an adcom at San Antonio and she told me the same thing

If you make an impression no matter when prior to dec 1st, you are going to make an impression on the adcoms. I don't think it matters when. What, are they going to base their acceptances based on memory without any notes or assessments, because that would be ridiculous hahaha. In that case, everyone that got accepted would be from november, which clearly does not happen.

Last edited:
I have an interview on Nov. 15. You guys think it's too late for the the Dec.1 deadline? Or am i still ok? It's at NOVA