Pre-december Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nm107

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know no one can really know for sure, but what do you think is a good or "safe" amount of pre-december interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I know no one can really know for sure, but what do you think is a good or "safe" amount of pre-december interviews?
It's obviously nothing certain, but I'd say:

0 interviews = obviously not ideal, but there is plenty of time, so be patient.

1 interview = good start! Hopefully you nailed it and more will come.

2 = The odds are very much in your favor and hopefully at least one of them will work out.

3 or more = If you don't get in, you need to revisit your approach to interviews.

Reactions: 10 users
Would anyone be able to tell me if those invited for an interview now or within the next few weeks are still pre-december interviews? I've read some posts with people saying they have received an interview these past couple of days for mid-late december which is freaking me out because I still havent received any invites but was hoping for some pre-december interviews :(

Any additional info would be great, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Completely depends on your stats but on average I would say 6.

I know a guy who had five and only got into one school and he had very good stats, so take from that what you will.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Would anyone be able to tell me if those invited for an interview now or within the next few weeks are still pre-december interviews? I've read some posts with people saying they have received an interview these past couple of days for mid-late december which is freaking me out because I still havent received any invites but was hoping for some pre-december interviews :(

You seem to have good stats. where did you apply? how are your ECs and LOR?

You seem to have good stats. where did you apply? how are your ECs and LOR?

I applied to 12 schools that are Canadian friendly ( Roseman, temple, marquette, NYU, USC, Pitt, case western, etc.) so im hoping my choice of schools wasnt the issue. And im pretty sure my EC are pretty good too, did a lot of volunteering since the age of 16. My LORs Im guessing range from good to excellent, tried to chose some profs where I was at the top of my class.

I guess I just have to wait, but like I said, im hoping from some pre-december interviews and im worried that wont be the case anymore :nailbiting:

I applied to 12 schools that are Canadian friendly ( Roseman, temple, marquette, NYU, USC, Pitt, case western, etc.) so im hoping my choice of schools wasnt the issue. And im pretty sure my EC are pretty good too, did a lot of volunteering since the age of 16. My LORs Im guessing range from good to excellent, tried to chose some profs where I was at the top of my class.

I guess I just have to wait, but like I said, im hoping from some pre-december interviews and im worried that wont be the case anymore :nailbiting:
hmm im canadian too. I know NYU,temple and USC havent given out interviews yet. I got 4 interviews already. As long as what you say is consistent i wouldn't be worried. i'm sure you will get a few interviews.

hmm im canadian too. I know NYU,temple and USC havent given out interviews yet. I got 4 interviews already. As long as what you say is consistent i wouldn't be worried. i'm sure you will get a few interviews.

Thanks for ur words of encouragement! I think I havent received any invites (im hoping) is cz my application became complete in mid august, so im still keeping my hopes up lol
And congratz on ur 4 interviews already, good luck !!!

Thanks for ur words of encouragement! I think I havent received any invites (im hoping) is cz my application became complete in mid august, so im still keeping my hopes up lol
And congratz on ur 4 interviews already, good luck !!!
Oh okay, that explains why, you submitted it mid august. I would expect maybe 1-2 interviews if any before December and the bulk will be after. Thank you :)

I'd say pre-dec interviews are still going out. No worries :)

Thanks for that info, I sure hope ur right!! :happy:
Yeah it depends on the school, some schools haven't even given out any interviews yet, some have already filled up pre-December spots

What's the big deal with pre-dec and post-dec interviews?
Since first acceptances goes out December 1st so after December a lot of the spots already get filled

Since first acceptances goes out December 1st so after December a lot of the spots already get filled
I'm sure they have a good ratio of seats filled and seats needed to be filled.