Pre-dent/ 1 year Master Program in Biomedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolslugs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this topic has been discussed a lot, but I just want to hear what you guys have say.

I will be graduating with a BS in Biology in Winter 2008, and I am seeking entry into one of these programs for Fall 2009.

1. Midwestern University
2. UMDNJ
3. Barry (1 year accelerated)
4. Tulane
5. Nova (is this a 1 year program?)
6. East Virginia Medical School
7. Western University (when is this program opening?)

What have you guys heard about these programs? When are the deadlines (I am getting mixed answers when I e-mailed them)? How many programs should I apply to...with GPA around 3.0?

For those of you with experience that applied to more than 1 programs, did you use the same recommenders for all of your letters? When would be a good time to apply?

I believe all of these programs have non-thesis option and accept DAT. What other programs are there?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Coolslugs,

There is a forum on SDN dedicated to post-bacc/SMP programs: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71

You will probably have the most luck finding information on these programs there. You might want to see if there are any programs that offer spring entry... it's pretty early to apply for fall 09 entry and if you start next spring you would have a semester off before dental school. Although I guess if you graduate this Fall and start your post-bacc next August you will have all spring and summer to study for the DAT. So there are advantages to both decisions.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

i know about the umdnj and boston univ. ones.

you can PM me if you have any questions.