Pre-Dental Major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentbin1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am a senior graduating with a Health Policy Degree towards the end of this month. I have taken all science and non-science pre reqs for most schools, including biochemistry and anatomy 1 and 2. I have done well in my science courses and I plan on taking the DAT in July. Do you guys think that having a non-science degree will really effect me?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, I am a senior graduating with a Health Policy Degree towards the end of this month. I have taken all science and non-science pre reqs for most schools, including biochemistry and anatomy 1 and 2. I have done well in my science courses and I plan on taking the DAT in July. Do you guys think that having a non-science degree will really effect me?
As long as everything else is in order, you’ll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
At worst, it's neutral. At best, it provides you conversation material for your interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Schools loved that I majored in Econ. Got interviews at 6/8 schools and got accepted to 4/6 so far and waitlisted at 1.

Schools loved that I majored in Econ. Got interviews at 6/8 schools and got accepted to 4/6 so far and waitlisted at 1.

Totally agree with this. Being a non-science major is awesome. The guy next to me in my class was an Econ major as well!

Big tip: Absolutely kill the DAT. Doing well on that (>20-21) is a great way for anyone, especially a non-science major, to show their competence and that they are ready to perform in dental school.

Great job @predent2151 !