Pre-Dental Sim Lab Technique Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclaDDS101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you look at my PreDents, you will see that I have completed a few Pre-Dental Lab Courses at UCLA, and I plan to take more at other dental schools as well because I think they're really fun. But I was wondering... Where on the application would an applicant place these experiences? It's not exactly "Dental Experience" in a traditional sense? Or is it?

Members don't see this ad.

Based on ure predents profile, your ec's make you extremely competitive. Uop has a preclinical simulation lab, but based on your past experiences, I would focus more on your app and DATs. Everything else looks really good.:)

thanks. I was just wondering where other people have put these kinds of courses on their apps. Should they go under the "Dental Experience" section?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks. I was just wondering where other people have put these kinds of courses on their apps. Should they go under the "Dental Experience" section?

Yes,100% under dental experience section.

Hup

When putting pre-dental courses like these on the app, would it be ok to put all of the courses under one entry in the "Dental Experience" section?

For example, I've taken several courses at UCLA, one at UPenn, and I plan to take a couple at UoP and UNLV. Would it be ok to put all of these courses into one entry even though they are from different schools? Or do they each have to be one entry?

The reason I am asking is because I don't want to take up too many entry slots since I only have a max of 10 entries under "dental experience".

If anyone can comment, that would be great.

When putting pre-dental courses like these on the app, would it be ok to put all of the courses under one entry in the "Dental Experience" section?

For example, I've taken several courses at UCLA, one at UPenn, and I plan to take a couple at UoP and UNLV. Would it be ok to put all of these courses into one entry even though they are from different schools? Or do they each have to be one entry?

The reason I am asking is because I don't want to take up too many entry slots since I only have a max of 10 entries under "dental experience".

If anyone can comment, that would be great.
Sounds like you may have to prioritize your experiences or use up space in your PS. I split up my dental experiences between the dental experience section and the "supplemental academic enrichment program..." section. The supplemental section may not be the right place for it, but I found the hands on courses both enriching and supplemental to my academics. ;)

why are you doing all these? You have so many EC's
These courses are really fun. And taking them is not like taking on another long-term commitment EC, like joining an organization or doing volunteer work. These classes are just nice things to do on the side... but it so happens that you can also put them on the app as dent experience. I guess when it comes down to it, even if i run out of space and i'm not able to put any more items on the app, I would still continue to do these types of courses anyway. It's kind of fun "playing dental student", and I really like developing my hand skills.

...But if anyone knows (maybe from past experiences) a way to save space on the app when inputting these courses, I would really appreciate that too.

Sounds like you may have to prioritize your experiences or use up space in your PS. I split up my dental experiences between the dental experience section and the "supplemental academic enrichment program..." section. The supplemental section may not be the right place for it, but I found the hands on courses both enriching and supplemental to my academics. ;)

Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea. But I feel like I'm gonna need all the space I can get in my PS (lots to say).

Maybe I can put it in that enrichment program section. Do you remember how many experiences you were able to fit in there? And were they courses from varying schools? because i'm afraid I might take up too much space, especially if its a small section.