Pre Dental Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Desiroxta

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I really want to be a dentist. I've been shadowing my uncle for years and it's something I find alot of passion and happiness doing. Anyways, I am a freshman in my second semester at University of Houston and it's not going as slick as my last semester and now im afraid that this semester might keep me from being a dentist... Please if someone could help put my heart at ease and give me hope I would really appreciate this, i've been losing sleep over this semester... Anyways here are my stats.... Any advice and help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

University of Houston:

English 1: A-
HDCS(Core class required for any major): A
College Algebra: A
Intro to Sociology: A
(Semester 1 GPA: 3.915 (Deans List))

Semester 2:

Biology 2: B
English 2: B+
Drama 2307: A
Pre-Calculus: B+

Community College Courses over the summer of 2006:
Government I: B
Government 2: B
History I: B
History 2: A

Members don't see this ad.

Your grades are fine.

Don't stress....looks like you are going to be ok. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Why should she give up because of community college credits???

No way! Community college credits are THAT BAD?! Whoa dude are you serious!? ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! :-( The only science class from my WHOLE curriculum that I am taking at community college is chemistry 1 and 2 thats it. Physics, Organic, Genetics, Cal and physiology and all that stuff is at university... So my grades are ok? I shouldnt be worried right? Thank you guys so much!

No way! Community college credits are THAT BAD?! Whoa dude are you serious!? ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! :-(

It's just a bit of a running joke around here. SNDers tend to take generally true statements and carry them to an absurd extreme. Anyway, in your WORST term so far, you earned a 3.25 GPA. Plenty get admitted with overall undergrad GPAs that low (for example, yours truly).

Without knowing the rest of your application, nobody can predict your odds of getting accepted. Let's face it, we're pre-dents, we couldn't really predict your odds even if we saw your complete application. However, it would be very surprising if your grades so far were cause alone for any dental school to reject you.