Pre DO Avatar Appreciation Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpaceHamsterBoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Y'all got some cool avatars. Just sayin.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Deadpool is pretty ****ing fantastic

Deadpool is pretty ****ing fantastic
Never saw the movie :\

And damn, what DO schools did you apply to? Wanna suggest some more for me to apply to? I've already sent my app to KCUMB, PCOM, LECOM, ROWANCOM, NYITCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like penguins :)

Reactions: 5 users
Never saw the movie :\

And damn, what DO schools did you apply to? Wanna suggest some more for me to apply to? I've already sent my app to KCUMB, PCOM, LECOM, ROWANCOM, NYITCOM.
The movie is extremely worth it.

Lol I've got borderline competitive DO stats so I chose to apply really broadly. I have a strong service background and good ECs and LORs though which help. Here's my full list:
ATSU- KCOM* and SOMA
ACOM
BCOM
CCOM
DMU*
VCOM - Auburn and Carolinas
KCUMB*
LECOM
LMU
MUCOM
NYIT
NSU*
PNU
PCOM - Philly* and Georgia
RVUCOM - CO*
RowanSOM
Touro - NY, CA, NV
UNECOM*
Western - COMP and COMPNW
WCUCOM

I will probably not be returning secondaries to WCU, BCOM, PNU, and the Touros after researching them further. The two VCOMs are the only ones I haven't heard from at all yet. I starred my favorite schools that I have applied to. The only negative news I have gotten so far is from Touro CA for not having a high enough MCAT but I honestly which I didn't submit my primary to those schools to begin with.

Also, I'm an MA resident and I think UNECOM, NYIT, and Rowan have Northeast biases. Rowan is much more in-state but I figured it couldn't hurt to try since I like the school and have some ties to NJ

Lol I'm glad. I have to ask....How on earth did you come up with the name "SpaceHamsterBoo??" Not that mine is any better :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Since you're already accepted to ACOM, I suggest you kick your shoes off, pop open a few cold ones and indulge yourself in the early 2000s phenomenal RPG known as Baldur's Gate 2.

There's a character duo in the game...Minsc, a berserker, has strong desire to uphold good and be heroic, though with an extreme fervor that causes those around him to regard him as possibly insane. His animal companion is a hamster named Boo, with whom he often consults.

Minsc classifies Boo a "miniature giant space hamster"or rather giant hamsters bred to paddle wheels for flying ships, which can alternatively be bred in miniature form, looking like a normal hamster. Regardless of what Boo was called, Boo had no powers or abilities beyond those of a regular hamster. Boo was handled differently from other creatures that served as familiars that would fight alongside their owners, because of the frailty of hamsters and the impact Boo's dying would have on Minsc in the game. Boo's role in the game as "[providing] wisdom and moral support to Minsc".

The movie is extremely worth it.

Lol I've got borderline competitive DO stats so I chose to apply really broadly. I have a strong service background and good ECs and LORs though which help. Here's my full list:
ATSU- KCOM* and SOMA
ACOM
BCOM
CCOM
DMU*
VCOM - Auburn and Carolinas
KCUMB*
LECOM
LMU
MUCOM
NYIT
NSU*
PNU
PCOM - Philly* and Georgia
RVUCOM - CO*
RowanSOM
Touro - NY, CA, NV
UNECOM*
Western - COMP and COMPNW
WCUCOM

I will probably not be returning secondaries to WCU, BCOM, PNU, and the Touros after researching them further. The two VCOMs are the only ones I haven't heard from at all yet. I starred my favorite schools that I have applied to. The only negative news I have gotten so far is from Touro CA for not having a high enough MCAT but I honestly which I didn't submit my primary to those schools to begin with.

Also, I'm an MA resident and I think UNECOM, NYIT, and Rowan have Northeast biases. Rowan is much more in-state but I figured it couldn't hurt to try since I like the school and have some ties to NJ

Of that list, what do you have to say about RVUCOM, NSU, VCOM (VA), AZCOM and WesternCOMP.

Of that list, what do you have to say about RVUCOM, NSU, VCOM (VA), AZCOM and WesternCOMP.
RVU - gets a bad rap for being a for-profit school but I'm currently in the area and shadowing in CO and I've heard nothing but good things about the school and its students (from doctors/EMS, etc). And there seems to be really good feedback from current students on SDN about the school. I think I read that a lot of MDs run the school so it's operated very similarly to allopathic schools. Don't know anything about the UT campus, I chose not to apply because of how new it was and how little feedback I heard from it. Looking back, I'd rather have submitted my primary there than BCOM or WCU (other new schools)
NSU - seems to be a really reputable program and the pictures of the campus I saw were beautiful. I haven't done super heavy research on this school though.
VCOM - I think the VA campus had more of an in-state/regional bias than the other campuses so I didn't submit my primary there. VCOMs in general seem to be very picky with their secondary application invites compared to other schools
AZCOM - didn't submit, I think because it's very new.
Western - honestly haven't looked into it much so I'm borderline on whether or night I will submit their secondaries even though I have them.

I've got about $100 to my name right now so I can't really afford to submit any more secondaries until I start getting paychecks from my new jobs.

In case you couldn't tell, new schools make me nervous. I applied to a few but didn't want to go crazy with them since I didn't know much about them. I applied to schools that had a lot more readily available information and feedback from students.

One of OP's better threads.

Reactions: 2 users
RVU - gets a bad rap for being a for-profit school but I'm currently in the area and shadowing in CO and I've heard nothing but good things about the school and its students (from doctors/EMS, etc). And there seems to be really good feedback from current students on SDN about the school. I think I read that a lot of MDs run the school so it's operated very similarly to allopathic schools. Don't know anything about the UT campus, I chose not to apply because of how new it was and how little feedback I heard from it. Looking back, I'd rather have submitted my primary there than BCOM or WCU (other new schools)
NSU - seems to be a really reputable program and the pictures of the campus I saw were beautiful. I haven't done super heavy research on this school though.
VCOM - I think the VA campus had more of an in-state/regional bias than the other campuses so I didn't submit my primary there. VCOMs in general seem to be very picky with their secondary application invites compared to other schools
AZCOM - didn't submit, I think because it's very new.
Western - honestly haven't looked into it much so I'm borderline on whether or night I will submit their secondaries even though I have them.

I've got about $100 to my name right now so I can't really afford to submit any more secondaries until I start getting paychecks from my new jobs.

In case you couldn't tell, new schools make me nervous. I applied to a few but didn't want to go crazy with them since I didn't know much about them. I applied to schools that had a lot more readily available information and feedback from students.
Also RVU got 100% pass rate and 2nd highest board scores last year on the COMLEX. ;)
RVU students are also required to take both the COMLEX and USMLE, so they prepare you well for both :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also RVU got 100% pass rate and 2nd highest board scores last year on the COMLEX. ;)
RVU students are also required to take both the COMLEX and USMLE, so they prepare you well for both :)
totally forgot to mention that! It's a major reason why it's one of my top schools

Scrubs + Detroit red wings = my two favorite things

But I do get some kicks out of some of the avi's on here

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No idea what I should put for my avatar. Any suggestions?

No idea what I should put for my avatar. Any suggestions?
Favorite character in your favorite show is always a good option. or just google funny gifs and use the one you can't stop watching

It feels good to finally be recognized...

Reactions: 3 users
Mine is just a reflection of SDN, as a whole.

Reactions: 1 users
I think I identify with more Michael Scott quotes than I probably should. :oops:

Last edited:
Bad Brains?

Not bad. I'm more in the vein of the California bands; Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Dead Kennedy's etc, than Most of the stuff that came out of DC though.

I like a lot of the British stuff too. Sham 69, Stiff Little Fingers, The Business, UK Subs, Cockney Rejects, Cock Sparrer... Obviously the Clash...

Last edited: