Pre-Doctoral Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mosonik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know quite a few DO schools have pre-doctoral OMM fellowships between years 2 and 3 but what kind of benefits do the programs provide for doing these (beyond just the knowledge gained)?

Specifically, OU-HCOM has both a family medicine and OPP fellowship... anyone know anything about either of these?

Members don't see this ad.

They usually carry a stipend and you can get a year of tuition forgiven

They usually carry a stipend and you can get a year of tuition forgiven

Some schools it's all the remaining years are free :)

I'm curious what affect it has on matching. Does it help in the AOA match? Would it hurt you in the ACGME match? I imagine you couldn't avoid disclosing it.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm curious what affect it has on matching. Does it help in the AOA match? Would it hurt you in the ACGME match? I imagine you couldn't avoid disclosing it.

You bring up a good point, I had never really thought of that, though I could see it as a possibility for some ACGME programs that are not very DO friendly.

Last edited:

Not at all! It is a great help.

You bring up a good point, I had never really thought of that, though I could see it as a possibility for some ACGME programs that are not very DO friendly.

Do you know how competitive the one at KCOM is and how many do they offer a year?

I am not 100% sure but I think it, as well as most programs, is relatively easy to get into as long as you have an intrest in it and do well in OMM labs... but don't quote me on that. When you interview at most schools they usually have a quick OMM demonstration done by fellows, that would be a good question to ask them.

Do you know how competitive the one at KCOM is and how many do they offer a year?
Hey Mosonik, did you ever enter ot find any information out about the KCOM fellowship?

Hey Mosonik, did you ever enter ot find any information out about the KCOM fellowship?
The hollister fellowship gives you a masters, you get paid for a year (stipend), and you get a year of tuition waived. You have to go to like St. Louis or something for that year of research (pharmaceutical clinical trials) but it's a good deal. The OMM fellowship I couldn't find much about...