May 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Hello guys,

On Facebook there is a Pre-DPT page and they have started a mentorship program with the goal being to help people get into PT school. It comes with personal consultations, modules, examples of applications/resumes/essays and a PT course, etc..

Now they are charging.. do you guys think it's worth 265$?

Smash Atoms

2+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2017
Status
Physical Therapy Student
I dont think that paying a mentor service would really help anyone get into a PT program, and even if so it makes their ability to succeed questionable.

As jbill put it, if you are trying to get into a competitive doctoral program you should be plenty capable of finding all of the resources you need on your own. Colleges provide interviewing and resume building help, applications are all going to be your own words (or you will look like a fool when it comes time to interview), and if you are getting your shadowing hours and the type of person fit to be a PT you should get plenty of consultation from the PTs that you shadow.

Reactions: amlope03 and drs17
About the Ads
OP
C
May 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Thank you guys, I was uneasy because it seemed like there was so much free information out there and the price they offered was a lil too high. To be honest, my first thought was that it seemed like they were just taking advantage of people's desire to get into PT school.

CareerSwitcheroo

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
On the flip side, if some people out there are willing to pay for it, then all the power to those guys for finding a niche to make some money. I do agree that most of this information is readily available - you just have to do the work to find it.

nd_dpt

2+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2015
Status
Physical Therapist
Completely unnecessary. Save your money for application fees.

About the Ads