Pre-DPT Mentorship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crispyDPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

On Facebook there is a Pre-DPT page and they have started a mentorship program with the goal being to help people get into PT school. It comes with personal consultations, modules, examples of applications/resumes/essays and a PT course, etc..

Now they are charging.. do you guys think it's worth 265$?

Members don't see this ad.

No.

If you think you have the mental horsepower to embark on a doctoral program, you should be able to research the topic yourself (thousands on threads with advice right here on SDN) and do it yourself.

Reactions: 3 users
I dont think that paying a mentor service would really help anyone get into a PT program, and even if so it makes their ability to succeed questionable.

As jbill put it, if you are trying to get into a competitive doctoral program you should be plenty capable of finding all of the resources you need on your own. Colleges provide interviewing and resume building help, applications are all going to be your own words (or you will look like a fool when it comes time to interview), and if you are getting your shadowing hours and the type of person fit to be a PT you should get plenty of consultation from the PTs that you shadow.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you guys, I was uneasy because it seemed like there was so much free information out there and the price they offered was a lil too high. To be honest, my first thought was that it seemed like they were just taking advantage of people's desire to get into PT school.

On the flip side, if some people out there are willing to pay for it, then all the power to those guys for finding a niche to make some money. I do agree that most of this information is readily available - you just have to do the work to find it.

Completely unnecessary. Save your money for application fees.