Pre-interview dinner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Huit

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are you supposed to wear to the pre-interview dinner? The same suit you will wear the next day? or something different or something more casual???

Members don't see this ad.

I think a suit is probably a little too formal.

If you're more conservative, I would stick with what you normally go to work with.

If you're feeling a bit more casual, guys can go with a nice shirt and maybe khakis.

I don't think casual ever refers to jeans casual. :)

Liven up a suit with some color, and ditch the suit jacket and tie. A fitted jacket, cool shirt, and khakis look great.

As a girl, I'd probably wear a coordinate instead of a suit, along with more colorful heels and a bit more jewelry than interview day.

Members don't see this ad :)
You def. do not need to wear a suit - you will look absolutely silly! "Business casual" - non jeans and a nice top. Guys can wear a tie, but a jacket is not needed.

I would think it also depends on the venue. I recently went to an interview dinner which was in a non-fancy Chinese restaurant. Even the residents wore jeans, but then again they were not in derm :)

I would say for guys some nice pants (not jeans) and nice shirt. The dinners I attended some of the residents wore jeans and nice shoes, shirts or tops (for the female) but then again they were already in. I'll definately be wearing jeans if I attend any pre-interview dinners.

What is casual for a guy? A girl?