pre-interview hold at COMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOMb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone knew how full the COMP class is. I have not been accepted, im still waiting to get an interview, im on pre-interview hold" what ever that means. I just wanted to know if u guys think i still have a chance at getting that interview...or if it is too late in the cycle. Im pretty much decided on AZCOM but i would love to check out COMP. If anyone is in the same boat and has gotten an interview give me a holla =D good luck to the rest who are interviewing or waiting on an acceptance.

DOMB

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about how full the class is but I heard that there's a surge in applications this year, just like for the past several years.

When did you turn in your application? Right now they're busy with all the applications that came in late, but expected every year, from the applicants that realized they're not getting any love from the UCs. So if you applied early, your app might be put on hold in a pile behind all the new ones coming in. If you're really interested in COMP, then I'd suggest being active in reminding them your interest. Otherwise, It sounds like you're decided on AZCOM, and congrats on that. I wouldn't sweat not getting an interview from COMP unless you just want an invite so you can feel like you've rejected them, which is really not worth your time anyways.

yea i applied in julyish, and then sent out my secondary in sept. I really hope its not on the bottom of the list. I would love to go 2 COMP because i really want to practice in socal and i know itll be better if i go to a socal school. I got a TUCOM MI interview, but i really dont like MI. O well, how do i show interest in the school? ive been calling them, do i say i really want to go there? i dont know, and thoughts?? i need to get a new hobby, SDN is my favorite pass time....hahaha jk :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on hold at CCOM, too.....
Did you send a letter of interest by mail or email ?

Athens, I wouldn't hold your breathe about whether the OP sent in a letter of intent... hahaha good stuff

Even though this thread is old ... if anyone has any info about COMP pre-interview holds (ie are they nice rejections, does anyone actually get interviews, etc), share???