Pre-Match Phone Calls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SFAJess

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They just make me feel uncomfortable....regardless of whether I'm going to rank them high or not, I just don't like the awkward conversation. Is it okay to just keep letting voicemail pick up? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, send them to the vmail. If its a program that you really want to go to, obviously you would pick up and talk as long as needed. Most likely, this is not on the top of your list.

It's all just marketing and should be treated as such. Would you answer when the cable company calls? They're calling to tell you they're ranking you highly in an effort to 1) determine where you are ranking them and 2) to see if they can get you to rank them higher. With that in mind, you can only hurt yourself by answering....

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! What I would do to get pre match phone calls!!!
Congrats! You are obviously very sought after!:thumbup:

On the other hand.... maybe I'm one of the few not getting much of a response from programs.
Only one reply to a thank you letter I sent and silence from the rest...
I'm an IMG so I doubt many programs will bend backwards for me but I hoped that after meeting me they would change their mind!
Clearly wishful thinking on my part!
Really glad I got the interviews I did though, so I can't complain! :D

Are most people getting positive feedback from programs? Or is it just the exception?

Its a nerve racking time!!!
Good luck everyone.
Some of you have put in so much time and effort to contribute some really useful stuff, so Thank You!
Hopefully will be in the position to contribute in the near future. :xf:

Got a hand written letter from one and a personalized email from another.

i actually enjoy getting the attention, so i won't complain. :rolleyes:

It is nice but I take it with a grain of salt. I believe many programs send out "feelers" to determine who to rank high in the end.

Wow! What I would do to get pre match phone calls!!!
Congrats! You are obviously very sought after!:thumbup:

On the other hand.... maybe I'm one of the few not getting much of a response from programs.
Only one reply to a thank you letter I sent and silence from the rest...
I'm an IMG so I doubt many programs will bend backwards for me but I hoped that after meeting me they would change their mind!
Clearly wishful thinking on my part!
Really glad I got the interviews I did though, so I can't complain! :D

Are most people getting positive feedback from programs? Or is it just the exception?

Its a nerve racking time!!!
Good luck everyone.
Some of you have put in so much time and effort to contribute some really useful stuff, so Thank You!
Hopefully will be in the position to contribute in the near future. :xf:

I wouldn't worry about it, I got nothing either. It also depends on the programs that you applied to, some program just love to send out those type of mail/email. GL to all.

Well..I guess there's no choice but to be patient.
May as well try and enjoy these next few weeks!

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

(I just keep feeling that there is something that I should be doing.. Guess not.)

Got a hand written letter from one and a personalized email from another.

i actually enjoy getting the attention, so i won't complain. :rolleyes:

I'm one who also enjoys attention. The occasional letter and email have been nice but I believe a certain program is starting to "stalk" me. They've called almost 10 times and I haven't been answering because I know the conversation is gonna be awkward.