1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Pre Mcat studying studying

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Mrs.Buckeye1992, 05.17.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Mrs.Buckeye1992

Mrs.Buckeye1992 Queen of the World.

Pre-Medical
    Hey all! I just reserved my seat on the very last MCAT in Jan (23rd), and I was wondering where I should start studying. I plan to follow SN2ed's 4-month study plan (while taking a light courseload), and let's just say I haven't finished all my pre-reqs. My question is are there any specific books that can strengthen my overall studying knowledge base before I actually begin studying? Thanks in advance!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. GodComplex

GodComplex 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What prereqs haven't you finished?

4. ImhotepIII

ImhotepIII

Pre-Medical
    Don't rush to take the MCAT, its not something to take lightly especially if you haven't taken all the pre-reqs, what if you tank your pre-req's or get a "C" then you'll most likely not fully understand the material and therefore not fully grasp the MCAT material. MCAT content just reviews the stuff that you should have some familiarity with already...It will be an uphill struggle.

5. billy2908

billy2908 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Buy/Rent/download the pre-req textbooks of your school. Look up the schedule of the professor whose class you signed up for. Pre-study for your class instead, so you will have more time doing other stuff outside of class, including but not limited to studying for MCAT.

About the ads