Pre-Med Adviser Question

Started by becool5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

becool5

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I just had a question, I am about to finish up my post-bac coursework and I am actually going to end up getting a 2nd Bachelor's. The pre-med committee (from the post-bac school) is going to write me a letter for med school, but my adviser suggested I get a letter from the school that granted my 1st degree. I graduated from that school 4 years ago and haven't taken a science course there in 6 years. He didn't recommend a committee or cover letter since I am already getting one from this school, but just a basic letter from the pre-med adviser stating that I did in fact graduate and left the College in good standing, etc. Do you think that is necessary? Wont my transcripts show that? Thanks.
 
Hello,
I just had a question, I am about to finish up my post-bac coursework and I am actually going to end up getting a 2nd Bachelor's. The pre-med committee (from the post-bac school) is going to write me a letter for med school, but my adviser suggested I get a letter from the school that granted my 1st degree. I graduated from that school 4 years ago and haven't taken a science course there in 6 years. He didn't recommend a committee or cover letter since I am already getting one from this school, but just a basic letter from the pre-med adviser stating that I did in fact graduate and left the College in good standing, etc. Do you think that is necessary? Wont my transcripts show that? Thanks.

i agree that it's unnecessary if you have the basic letters in your cover/committee letter.
 
I agree with isoprop as well. If you absolutely need one, like for PCOM, the medical school will let you know during the application process.