Pre-Med Adviser Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

becool5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just had a question, I am about to finish up my post-bac coursework and I am actually going to end up getting a 2nd Bachelor's. The pre-med committee (from the post-bac school) is going to write me a letter for med school, but my adviser suggested I get a letter from the school that granted my 1st degree. I graduated from that school 4 years ago and haven't taken a science course there in 6 years. He didn't recommend a committee or cover letter since I am already getting one from this school, but just a basic letter from the pre-med adviser stating that I did in fact graduate and left the College in good standing, etc. Do you think that is necessary? Wont my transcripts show that? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I just had a question, I am about to finish up my post-bac coursework and I am actually going to end up getting a 2nd Bachelor's. The pre-med committee (from the post-bac school) is going to write me a letter for med school, but my adviser suggested I get a letter from the school that granted my 1st degree. I graduated from that school 4 years ago and haven't taken a science course there in 6 years. He didn't recommend a committee or cover letter since I am already getting one from this school, but just a basic letter from the pre-med adviser stating that I did in fact graduate and left the College in good standing, etc. Do you think that is necessary? Wont my transcripts show that? Thanks.

i agree that it's unnecessary if you have the basic letters in your cover/committee letter.

I agree with isoprop as well. If you absolutely need one, like for PCOM, the medical school will let you know during the application process.