Pre-Med Adviser Question

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by becool5, May 16, 2008.

1. becool5

becool5 Member

Medical Student
    Hello,
    I just had a question, I am about to finish up my post-bac coursework and I am actually going to end up getting a 2nd Bachelor's. The pre-med committee (from the post-bac school) is going to write me a letter for med school, but my adviser suggested I get a letter from the school that granted my 1st degree. I graduated from that school 4 years ago and haven't taken a science course there in 6 years. He didn't recommend a committee or cover letter since I am already getting one from this school, but just a basic letter from the pre-med adviser stating that I did in fact graduate and left the College in good standing, etc. Do you think that is necessary? Wont my transcripts show that? Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Isoprop

Isoprop Fascinating, tell me more

Medical Student
    i agree that it's unnecessary if you have the basic letters in your cover/committee letter.

4. fireflygirl

fireflygirl The Ultimate Blindian

Resident [Any Field]
    I agree with isoprop as well. If you absolutely need one, like for PCOM, the medical school will let you know during the application process.