Pre Med and BBA?

alpha2716

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I major in Business and take the required medical school courses and finish in 4 years?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see any reason as to why you couldn't, just make sure you're strong in your science courses. The business major will act as a good fall back and may even help you stand out during the application process.

Yes. Your major doesn't hinder your chances of going to medical school. People major in things other than sciences all the time and complete the required courses, so it can be done.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Probably not easily.

Average BBA degree has 30 elective hours. 8 BIOL, 8 CHEM, 8 OCHEM, 8 PHYSIC and you're already looking at 32 hours.
Then you take into effect that you will mostly likely need upper level classes, etc. At least BIOCHEM and PHYSIO. 10 extra hours give or take.

Look into interdisciplinary studies degrees. It will allow you to create-your-own-degree and you could spin a Bio-Business route.

Business Management at my school is 67 credits, if you throw in just the pre-reqs for pre-med, you can easily finish on time and with about 16-17 credits per semester. It's not difficult, just be weary of your study habits and take the pre-reqs first.