Pre-Med Chances top schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kevin SM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Chances excellent.

Your state schools should also be on the list.
CWRU is one, but I'll definitely be applying to all my state schools and oos mid tier schools.

As for my chances: Really, they're excellent? I've always felt like the top schools are for a different class of people and so I've striven to reach it but I still don't feel like I've gotten there. Maybe I'm just a neurotic pre-med.

Members don't see this ad :)
Top schools are a crap shoot anyway. Apply and see what happens. There are never any guarantees in this process. Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Your numbers are very competitive.

CWRU is one, but I'll definitely be applying to all my state schools and oos mid tier schools.

As for my chances: Really, they're excellent? I've always felt like the top schools are for a different class of people and so I've striven to reach it but I still don't feel like I've gotten there. Maybe I'm just a neurotic pre-med.

You are competitive for any school, but not a shoe-in for any particular top 20. My advice would be to apply to all of your state schools, ~15 of the top 20 (just don't apply to UCSD or UWashington if you're not from their regional bias areas, which I don't think you are), a few mid tier schools (USC-Keck, Rochester, Einstein, Hofstra, etc), and you should be good to go.

Reactions: 1 user
Your app is solid for mid-upper tiers and will have a good cycle should you cast a wide net and pending actual good LORs, interview.

You have a decent shot at schools in the top 20 such as UMich/UChicago/NYU. You probably won't get love from the likes of HMS unless URM or in possession of significant life experience. There is nothing on your app that really sticks out (enough). However, apply to any schools you want and see what happens as the process is quite sporadic and you never know what may happen.

Reactions: 1 users
Your app is solid for mid-upper tiers and will have a good cycle should you cast a wide net and pending actual good LORs, interview.

You have a decent shot at schools in the top 20 such as UMich/UChicago/NYU. You probably won't get love from the likes of HMS unless URM or in possession of significant life experience. There is nothing on your app that really sticks out (enough). However, apply to any schools you want and see what happens as the process is quite sporadic and you never know what may happen.
Would you say I would be likely to receive interviews from the top 10's (duke etc)? I'm very confident with my presentation of myself and feel that I would excel in an interview.

You are competitive for any school, but not a shoe-in for any particular top 20. My advice would be to apply to all of your state schools, ~15 of the top 20 (just don't apply to UCSD or UWashington if you're not from their regional bias areas, which I don't think you are), a few mid tier schools (USC-Keck, Rochester, Einstein, Hofstra, etc), and you should be good to go.

Thank you! I will follow the advice.

Would you say I would be likely to receive interviews from the top 10's (duke etc)? I'm very confident with my presentation of myself and feel that I would excel in an interview.

Thank you! I will follow the advice.
Yes I think you have a good shot.

Reactions: 1 user