Pre Med Classes?

Started by Andes87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Andes87

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all, I just graduated with a degree in psychology, and i'll be 23 this summer. I was wondering if any of you got actual pre med degrees from a school, or just took the required pre med classes before applying/entering. I've been accepted to a university for their specific pre med program, which is 3 years, and i would be entering as a "transfer" (since they're including all of my general and non science credits). The other option is of course just taking the core 8 or 9 pre med classes per credit at a school, which would take up to half the time. Any suggestions or advice from previous experience!! Thanks all, I am very new to this and would appreciate any constructive advice! 🙂
 
Andes87 said:
Hello all, I just graduated with a degree in psychology, and i'll be 23 this summer. I was wondering if any of you got actual pre med degrees from a school, or just took the required pre med classes before applying/entering. I've been accepted to a university for their specific pre med program, which is 3 years, and i would be entering as a "transfer" (since they're including all of my general and non science credits). The other option is of course just taking the core 8 or 9 pre med classes per credit at a school, which would take up to half the time. Any suggestions or advice from previous experience!! Thanks all, I am very new to this and would appreciate any constructive advice! 🙂

I'd do a degree that you would enjoy and excel at. I find those officially named pre-med majors to be overrated...if rated at all😉.