Pre-Med FML.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a warning and two infractions for my posts in this thread, proving my point even further. I just hope (but doubt) that all the people who said "this is gay" get the same penalties.

Mods?

Members don't see this ad.

There are some things worth arguing over. This is not one, binko.

No, this makes me angry. I have gay and trans friends who have been beaten nearly to death for their sexual orientation and then couldn't get healthcare because, being gay, they couldn't get on their partner's insurance. This is not some abstract topic that affects no one. People die for this. Every. Day. This is at least worth me taking a few seconds to say something.

I received a warning and two infractions for my posts in this thread, proving my point even further. I just hope (but doubt) that all the people who said "this is gay" get the same penalties.

Mods?

Let it rest, binko. You don't want your 808 posts to to waste, do you?:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
No, this makes me angry. I have gay and trans friends who have been beaten nearly to death for their sexual orientation and then couldn't get healthcare because, being gay, they couldn't get on their partner's insurance. This is not some abstract topic that affects no one. People die for this. Every. Day. This is at least worth me taking a few seconds to say something.

Dude, we were just having fun. No one meant to offend you. This has nothing to do with you or your friends. It was a lighthearted thread, and everyone was just goofing around. If I were to think of every word I say as something that could potentially be construed as offensive, I wouldn't be able to leave my house!

If you're going to live your life trying to politically correct our society (and go on a rant each time about your friends/experiences), you will make people very uncomfortable, and you won't be making too many friends. As Lukkie mentioned, it's quite presumptious of you to assume that we meant to offend homosexuals by using the word "gay". I have many gay friends, I completely understand their plight, and I would do anything for them. For you to simply assume that I am against homosexuals is in of itself offensive.

Life is way too short to be upset about something like this. Either way, if any of my posts offended you, I am truly sorry:)

OK guys, I'm afraid this post isn't going to be as clever as my last. Because this thread has gone way off topic and is no longer being conducted in a civil manner, the mod staff has decided to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.