Pre Med in Alberta

MO108

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What high school GPA and SAT score will I need to get into U of A ?...

Members don't see this ad.

P.S I am a Permanent Resident of Alberta.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check on their website, it should give you the averages of students who matriculated.

What high school GPA and SAT score will I need to get into U of A ?...

Try studentawards. You won't find any information on college confidential. Studentawards apply to canadian schools. Check the website yourself or ask your friends.

UofA should be easy. Canadian undergraduate as a rule is easy to get in, but hard to do well in (hard to get a high GPA) Canadian undergraduates don't pride themselves on acceptance rates, drop out rates, teaching ratios or anything of the sort. They have high acceptance rates (they accept low high school grades), cut a bunch out in 1st year (huge attrition because many can't handle university), have huge class sizes especially in 1st year (they accept too many people).

As an example, generally if you are in the top 20% of your high school you will be able to get into every university in Canada. There are some elite programs that will require higher GPAs but those are the exception.

The 3 main sources of information for me when looking at Canadian schools were: website, friends and forums.