Pre-med Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Classic Reborn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum so if I post thus in the wrong spot, sorry. Basically I will soon be going back to school (I had to take a year off for personal reasons), and I'll be able to make it financially for a year or two atleast with the job I have now ($10.35 Hourly) but I'm going to need a job that pays better than that to last me through the rest of college and med school. So far at the moment I was thinking rather than getting my associate in science to go for a Radiography associate in science to be a radiology technician for a few years before upgrading. My question is that is this a good way to take? Or is there other jobs that would be more suitable. The college I plan on going to is Valencia College in Orlando, and I already clarified that they do offer a radiography A.S.. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Edit: wanted to mention the career I want most is radiologist

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Most people finance the bulk of their education through loans - is there a reason this can't be done? Also you aren't going to be able to work more than token hours during med school so you won't be significantly financing that part of your schooling in this way. And during college you'll need to get mostly As and do all the premed ECs so you might not log the number of work hours you think unless you plan to slow things down and do it over a lot of years. Isn't there a work study job someplace at your school where you can mostly just sit at a desk and read?

Most people finance the bulk of their education through loans - is there a reason this can't be done? Also you aren't going to be able to work more than token hours during med school so you won't be significantly financing that part of your schooling in this way. And during college you'll need to get mostly As and do all the premed ECs so you might not log the number of work hours you think unless you plan to slow things down and do it over a lot of years. Isn't there a work study job someplace at your school where you can mostly just sit at a desk and read?

As for the token job, I'm not exactly sure if they do. The problem is that I would need to pay for rent still, along with insurance and stuff. Which comes out to atleast 750 a month.