Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
Seeing the others posting about laptops made me want to post something about laptops as well.
What kind of laptop would be good for a premed just starting their third year of college taking mostly lab sciences?
I'm just looking for something to surf the net, take notes, write up papers and do Powerpoint presentations.
I've looked at almost all the companies out there and here's what I found out:
IBM: not vary customizable and vary expensive.
Dell: customizable as much as Apple or HP. A bit on the cheap side, but I'd be paying sales tax.
HP: Good and customizable, but they focus too much on the multimedia aspect of things (music, video, pictures). Had these when I worked A/V in college and they just wore out after a while.
Sony: Just too expensive.
Apple: A contender except that most of the world runs Windows or LINUX and Apple seems to me to be just good at doing graphics and video editing, and not much else.
Toshiba: These seem kinda cool to me with the R10 and R15 having the ability to write on them with a stylus like a PDA as well as having a keyboard to type on. The only thing is that they do not have is even the most basic Microsoft Office programs on them. I guess I could purchase the Office Student & Teacher Edition. The only thing I have a concern with is the handwriting recogination software. Is it good or should I just focus on getting my typing skills up to speed?
Thanks,
Mr. Beef 👍
Seeing the others posting about laptops made me want to post something about laptops as well.
What kind of laptop would be good for a premed just starting their third year of college taking mostly lab sciences?
I'm just looking for something to surf the net, take notes, write up papers and do Powerpoint presentations.
I've looked at almost all the companies out there and here's what I found out:
IBM: not vary customizable and vary expensive.
Dell: customizable as much as Apple or HP. A bit on the cheap side, but I'd be paying sales tax.
HP: Good and customizable, but they focus too much on the multimedia aspect of things (music, video, pictures). Had these when I worked A/V in college and they just wore out after a while.
Sony: Just too expensive.
Apple: A contender except that most of the world runs Windows or LINUX and Apple seems to me to be just good at doing graphics and video editing, and not much else.
Toshiba: These seem kinda cool to me with the R10 and R15 having the ability to write on them with a stylus like a PDA as well as having a keyboard to type on. The only thing is that they do not have is even the most basic Microsoft Office programs on them. I guess I could purchase the Office Student & Teacher Edition. The only thing I have a concern with is the handwriting recogination software. Is it good or should I just focus on getting my typing skills up to speed?
Thanks,
Mr. Beef 👍