pre-med or biology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WanabeDR

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I stay with pre-med biology, I will gradute in 1.5year..(with low GPA) but if changed to just biology major(escape from calc2) I will graduate after 2years (with good GPA) which one I should chose (I am junior), I am afraid if leave pre-med major my chance to get in med school will be very low..(don't say ask u advisor..because we don't like each other :oops: )

Members don't see this ad.

Why..Why calc(II)Do u think med student use anything related to calc(generaly) in medical school :mad: :mad:

Calc is only required by a few, select medical schools. It is false to say that MOST of them require it. I'd say about 10 or less actually REQUIRE it. Don't sweat the calc.

Members don't see this ad :)
You mentioned on another thread that your current GPA is 2.1. If that's the case, DON'T try to graduate in a year and a half. You won't be able to pull your GPA up high enough to merit serious consideration. You'd be better off taking more courses to get it up higher.

And by the way, why are pre-med or biology your only two alternatives? Why not Art History? Philosphy? Anthropology? All of these are legitimate pre-med majors as long as you have taken the med-school requirements.

Don't worry so much about Calculus. Most schools don't require it, although many require a year of SOME kind of math.

I'm no expert, but I'd say get your GPA up a bit, never hurts. :D :cool: