pre-med or pre-dental?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NLS

I'm going to enter St. John's (New York) this fall in the pre-med program (biology major). But for the past week I have been exploring the field of dentistry, and I have to admit that it is a very appealing field. Honestly, I am not confused about what I want to do with my life in the aspect that I know that I can not see myself as being anything else but a physician (it's been my dream since I could remember, I've even volunteered in the hospital for a while in high school). What I want to know is, where upon my entering college, will I have to decide right off-the- back about which field I want to study, or can I join the pre-health committee (that's what they call it at St. John's) with the understanding that I will have to decide between the two?

Thanks for any response!

Members don't see this ad.

It is your first year of undergrad right? Well if it is, explore more about medicine and dentistry. Check out the differences in hours, life quality, how much schooling you need, etc. It is really all up to you.