Pre-Med -> Pre-Pham

Started by lalex
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lalex

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm starting to think the only reason I was ever pre-med was because of parents. I'm a senior and have a few questions:

1. Is applying near the deadline a bad thing like for med schools (where earlier is better).
2. Could I apply now and get in for next year with no gap?
3. What ecs do they look for besides pharm tech <- is it required?
 
As far as I know, Pharm tech experience isn't required at most schools, it's just highly recommended. And if you have all the pre reqs, letters of recommendation, and PCAT or a Bachelors degree (if needed depending on school), then you could most certainly apply. Many of the deadlines aren't here yet.

Extra curriculars besides pharm related stuff? I suppose just the usual. Clubs, volunteering, leadership, research, Etc.