Pre-med Pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorMoi

MD
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am very happy to be in this thread and glad that we non-trads are very supportive. I am writing this to get everyone's recommendation and advice regarding pre-reqs. My questions are;
1) How did you map out the classes to take for the pre-reqs, what classes do you recommend taking and not taking together.
2) How did you study and what books/materials do you recommend for the core science classes.
3) What study plans worked for you in the core classes.

Thank you for your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I am very happy to be in this thread and glad that we non-trads are very supportive. I am writing this to get everyone's recommendation and advice regarding pre-reqs. My questions are;
1) How did you map out the classes to take for the pre-reqs, what classes do you recommend taking and not taking together.
2) How did you study and what books/materials do you recommend for the core science classes.
3) What study plans worked for you in the core classes.

Thank you for your advice.

1) I ran a search about what order to take. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=267429
2) I recommend using the study materials suggested by the University. The exception is orgo. Cross that bridge when you get to it.
3) Study as much as it takes to absorb the information. Everyone learns differently. Personally, I hate flashcards. They're a waste of my time. On the other hand, many people swear by them. It is imperative that you learn HOW YOU learn best early on.

Good luck!