Pre-med/psychology schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aishapremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am pretty new to actually writing on sdn but have been reading for a while now.
I just wanted to know if the schedule I made looks like a good plan. I am a psychology major, starting my sophomore year this fall 2015. This schedule starts with my sophomore year till senior year.

Classes I have already taken that aren't in the schedule:
Chy 1 + lab
bio 1 +lab
algebra
pre-calculus
psychology 102
another psy course
freshmen seminar class
public speaking
macroeconomics 101
english 101

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 9.08.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 9.08.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 9.11.34 PM.png

I am already shadowing at a hospital, and at a clinic( which is amazing). I am also going to be doing research fro the entire year (800 hrs). Will be tutoring next semester for chem.

How does this look and is there anything you would recommend? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

It's really hard and often futile to plan in great detail 3 years in advance. Focus on the year ahead of you.

Reactions: 1 user
It's really hard and often futile to plan in great detail 3 years in advance. Focus on the year ahead of you.
Does the freshmen fall 2015 look too easy? Because instead of taking bio 107 I chose to take A&P b/c I want to take the class w/ a great teacher in the spring, the teacher in the fall is really hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the freshmen fall 2015 look too easy? Because instead of taking bio 107 I chose to take A&P b/c I want to take the class w/ a great teacher in the spring, the teacher in the fall is really hard.

No one outside of your institution will really be able to tell you what an "easy" or "hard" schedule looks like.

All that matters is getting a good GPA. As long as you dont consistently take 12 credit hours of "Jazz Appreciation" and "Introduction to Wines" (real class at Cornell!) you will be fine. Just get A's. Sounds like your ECs are also really coming along. Tutoring, research, clinical experience, etc. its perfect. Maybe get involved in some recreational activity to show you are well-rounded? Maybe try out for the crew team or sailing?

It's hard to tell without being familiar with classes at your institution. If I were you, I'd take physics during the school year rather than over the summer. I would rather take english/psych/humanities classes during the summer than physics.

Edit: I noticed you don't plan to take biochem until after the MCAT. Having taken the new MCAT, I highly, highly recommend taking biochem before the MCAT.

Your summers look absolutely brutal.

Reactions: 1 users
did you make sure these classes are offered during the summer

did you make sure these classes are offered during the summer
yes they are offered in the summer, I also went back and looked at summer of 2014 and it was also offered then. The reason I'm taking physics in the summer is really because a great professor is teaching it.

It's hard to tell without being familiar with classes at your institution. If I were you, I'd take physics during the school year rather than over the summer. I would rather take english/psych/humanities classes during the summer than physics.

Edit: I noticed you don't plan to take biochem until after the MCAT. Having taken the new MCAT, I highly, highly recommend taking biochem before the MCAT.
Thank you. Do you recommend taking it along with organic?

No. People have done it, but I would recommend taking biochem after orgo if at all possible. You at least need orgo I for biochem. Honestly, your schedule looks really tightly packed.

I don't know about taking two physics courses in one summer. Do you want your sanity?

No. People have done it, but I would recommend taking biochem after orgo if at all possible. You at least need orgo I for biochem. Honestly, your schedule looks really tightly packed.
Yeah I know I'm trying to paint a picture of what my schedule would look like. Would you recommended taking just 4 classes for the fall 2015, b/c I was thinking leaving behind the ANT 101. that would be 13 cr at that point.

I going to bring up biochem 1 to my spring 2016 + lab.

Honestly I think I might just put off some of the psy classes

I don't know about taking two physics courses in one summer. Do you want your sanity?
What would your advice be for finishing in 4 yrs given the amount of classes i have to take?