Mar 28, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi right now i am a freshman in college. So far my last semester's gpa was a 2.7 and my science gpa was like a 2.3. I don't know how I am going to do this semester either. I'm not doing that well in my intro cell bio or gen chem 2. is there anyway for me to bring up my gpa by the end of sophomore year? Btw I am taking orgo next semester! Please help!!!

God Complex
10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2008
The Slab
Status
Medical Student
evaluate yourself and figure out why your doing poorly. Be honest with yourself and answer the question whether or not you really want to become a doctor. Then ask your if you have the ability to do well enough to become a doctor. If you answer yes to both, then continue on the path.

Figure out what your doing wrong and correct it. If you do equally poorly this semester, you may have to start thinking DO with GPA replacement as an option.

However, If you go 4.0 for 3 years, you can possibly get in the 3.6 area. But this is much easier said than done.

Dec 27, 2011
Georgia
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey man, don't fret. I got a 2.65 my first semester. I've gotten 3.9s-4.0s since, and am looking at a high 3.7X before I apply now. Make some calculations and reevaluate your priorities and study habits.

jokerman55

5+ Year Member
May 31, 2011
NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
Yep. Like Holy Franz said, you need to figure out what you are doing wrong. Is it your studying style? Are you not understanding the material? Are you finding it hard to memorize?

One of the reasons medical schools look at GPA is to make sure you can handle the work load. You need to find out why you aren't doing well in the class. Its going to help your GPA but more importantly it will help you learn better and do better in life in general.