Pre-Med

Started by Doc2Be76
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc2Be76

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a student at Georgia State University and I am taking the post bac premedical track. I am currently studying for my classes and I am also studying for the USMLE Step 1 just to get a jump on things. I have family members that are physicians and they have stated that the MCAT should not be that difficult to crack as I was a good student undergrad(3.3Gpa) and should focus more on my STEP 1, 2 and 3 as I am really concerned about matching general surgery or Emergency medicine. Can anybody share additional thoughts to this approach? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Realistically, you should treat every step seriously. Not sure if this is a serious post, though...
 
I am not sure why this would not be considered a serious post, I assure you it is. I am just trying to find out if this is an efficient way to approach getting into medical school and should I be more worried about the USMLE or the MCAT? I may be overthinking this but I would rather be prepared and ask the question. Thank you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.