Pre-MERP Preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samznarula

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who has attended MERP, or a similar program, do any preparation before starting the program?

I have purchased the "required" books but see in the forums people have mentioned the books were more of a supplement to 'lecture books' that were provided to students in class.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone who has attended MERP, or a similar program, do any preparation before starting the program?

I have purchased the "required" books but see in the forums people have mentioned the books were more of a supplement to 'lecture books' that were provided to students in class.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Turco's Kaplan Biochem videos and a Subscription to Physeo would have been the two things I would have used there. I went there exactly 2 years ago and after finishing 2 years of medical school that would be what I would use. I would also find out what your learning style is now before you get there. I never used the required books. The slides and book they provide is more than enough if you are a memorizer.

Turco's Kaplan Biochem videos and a Subscription to Physeo would have been the two things I would have used there. I went there exactly 2 years ago and after finishing 2 years of medical school that would be what I would use. I would also find out what your learning style is now before you get there. I never used the required books. The slides and book they provide is more than enough if you are a memorizer.

Okay great! Thanks for the advice