jj2009

10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2008
miami, fl
Status
Optometry Student
I am planning on taking a a year and a half off to do my second bachelors in order to boost my gpa so I can get accepted to an optometry school, My 1st bachelors which i finished was Bioloogy, and I fooled around a lot and my gpa is low. What 2nd bachelors would you recommend? I was in between either choosing Bachelors in Nutrition or Psychology, but for nutrition i need 63 credits (and its a very limited bachelors that doesn't offer every course in each semester so I am scared that would push me back more) and for Psychology i need 35 credits and they have a broad selection of courses for this bachelors. What would you advise? Thanks!

DawgOD

SCO C/o 2014
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Status
Optometry Student
Do you really need to do all that? If you have over a 2.5... just retake some classes you didn't do well in.. and then take the classes the optometry schools recommend (but are not required).. ie anatomy

May 31, 2009
Status
Optometry Student
I am planning on taking a a year and a half off to do my second bachelors in order to boost my gpa so I can get accepted to an optometry school, My 1st bachelors which i finished was Bioloogy, and I fooled around a lot and my gpa is low. What 2nd bachelors would you recommend? I was in between either choosing Bachelors in Nutrition or Psychology, but for nutrition i need 63 credits (and its a very limited bachelors that doesn't offer every course in each semester so I am scared that would push me back more) and for Psychology i need 35 credits and they have a broad selection of courses for this bachelors. What would you advise? Thanks!
and study like mad for the OAT!!!! Some schools grant interviews based on OAT score alone!