Pre-Osteo[DO] students are awesome!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScootDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well guys, I just wanted to drop this thread and let you all know that the Pre-Osteo[DO] thread rules. The majority of the students here are very quick to help others with questions and befriend others; unlike many of the self proclamed gifts to medicine on the Pre-Allo[MD] boards. I've appreciated all your comments during my pre-med quest. I applied to both MD and DO schools and was fortunate enough to receive some great DO offers. Today, however, I received an acceptance from my state MD school (my #1 choice school) which I most definetely be accepting. So, basically I just wanted to let you all know that I look forward to working with you all in this great profession. Thanks for making the DO boards much better than the MD boards. I will most definetely continue to post here with you all rather than Pre-Allo[MD]. Thanks all!!! Good luck!!!!

SCOOT

Wow!! this is like a sappy love letter. Sorry! All I really wanted to say is, I'm taking an MD school offer instead of a DO, but I really like the DO boards better so I want to stay around here and post. HA HA! Good luck everyone!!!!!! :D :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
aren't we just the best :love:
p.s. i guess OP didn't run into Dr.I or Jamres yet:smuggrin: ;) j/k:laugh:

Congrats!!!!

WOOT!!! PRE-DO ROCKS!!!!:clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy:

CONGRATS!!!

Dr Mom - you've really changed your look!! ;)

Congrats ScootDoc!
I do love it when people get in to their #1 choice!
Way to go! :hardy:

Dr Mom - you've really changed your look!! ;)

You like it? His name is Star and I am adopting him. Isn't he beautiful?:love: I got tired of my other pictures. Besides, everyone already knows who I am.:D

You like it? His name is Star and I am adopting him. Isn't he beautiful?:love: I got tired of my other pictures. Besides, everyone already knows who I am.:D

Beautiful!!! How great that you're adopting him!!
Is he coming with you to TN?!

Beautiful!!! How great that you're adopting him!!
Is he coming with you to TN?!

He is. He is staying with a friend in Virginia until I get down there. I am also adopting an ex-PMU mare. She is really cute! Her name is Dusty. I bought my kids a pony too. His name is Pete and he is the black and white one. I am a little horse crazy.:laugh: :love:

Attachments

• DSC01622c.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 65
  • Pete the pony.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 86
Well guys, I just wanted to drop this thread and let you all know that the Pre-Osteo[DO] thread rules. The majority of the students here are very quick to help others with questions and befriend others; unlike many of the self proclamed gifts to medicine on the Pre-Allo[MD] boards. I've appreciated all your comments during my pre-med quest. I applied to both MD and DO schools and was fortunate enough to receive some great DO offers. Today, however, I received an acceptance from my state MD school (my #1 choice school) which I most definetely be accepting. So, basically I just wanted to let you all know that I look forward to working with you all in this great profession. Thanks for making the DO boards much better than the MD boards. I will most definetely continue to post here with you all rather than Pre-Allo[MD]. Thanks all!!! Good luck!!!!

SCOOT

Wow!! this is like a sappy love letter. Sorry! All I really wanted to say is, I'm taking an MD school offer instead of a DO, but I really like the DO boards better so I want to stay around here and post. HA HA! Good luck everyone!!!!!! :D :thumbup:

You saved yourself some extra hoops getting into that MD school. Congrats.

You saved yourself some extra hoops getting into that MD school. Congrats.

Must... not.. bite.. lure... looks... delicious... trolling speed.... set too fast...

But Congrats on getting your First choice, it's always the best thing to get!

Must... not.. bite.. lure... looks... delicious... trolling speed.... set too fast...

But Congrats on getting your First choice, it's always the best thing to get!

You are going to tell me there are less hoops to jump through if you're vying for an allopathic residency program as a DO student? I'd love to hear your justification of this.

What if the PD of the residency is a DO?:D

Just have to toy with you, Why have you been probation so long Dr. I?

You are going to tell me there are less hoops to jump through if you're vying for an allopathic residency program as a DO student? I'd love to hear your justification of this.

Trolling speed slowed down.. still... not.. going... to.. bite.. must... stay... on.. topic... do not proceed over troll bridge..

:laugh:

I've got till the end of March ... it happens.

They put me on it for a little while, but I was unable to post! Then 2 days later tkim bailed me out and said it was a mistake? go figure, i prolly deserved it anyway.

I got so much work done during that period!:thumbup:

They put me on it for a little while, but I was unable to post! Then 2 days later tkim bailed me out and said it was a mistake? go figure, i prolly deserved it anyway.

I got so much work done during that period!:thumbup:

Yeah, when I was on hold last week, I got a good amount of work done, too. They put me on 1 week hold followed by a 1 week probation. It's all good.

45 mins before I'm out of work and heading to dinner, followed by class ... oh how much I miss watching House this semester ...

Trolling speed slowed down.. still... not.. going... to.. bite.. must... stay... on.. topic... do not proceed over troll bridge..

I hear Haldol might work for you.

Not necessarily less hoops, but I don't think there are more hoops to jump through, for most fields...

There are always exceptions to the rule, however. One should only very rarely take any statement to be complete and unmovable truth.