1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

pre-pharm candicacy opinion

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by j.s.o.f.l.y., Sep 4, 2014.

1. j.s.o.f.l.y.

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hi all,

I am recently pre-pharm and have already graduated from college. I just took my pcat and received a 92 composite score. I have a few questions about the pcat and pharm school.

1 ) Do schools look at the subsection scores? Or is it just the composite score that's counted? And what weight does the essay have in the pcat? I have gotten mixed answers and I hope someone can clarify.

2) I have to take post-bac classes to fulfill the pharmacy requirements in the near future. Will that be factored into my undergraduate GPA or will that be a separate GPA? And how will the schools look at my undergraduate grades and my postbac grades? My GPA is a 3.53 by the way.

3) I have no extracurricular specific to pharmacy except 500 hours of biochemistry research and volunteering /shadowing at a clinic. Is that ok? I wasn't a member of any pharmacy clubs at my school because I wasn't prepharm at the time.

4) Does it help if a family member such as a parent or uncle/aunt is a pharmacist?

5) Is it ok if I applied to pharm school now, or so it too late this cycle?

Thanks all :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.