Pre pharm classes with bachelor degree

Started by ssky8006
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ssky8006

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there!

I got bachelor degree on 2003 in South Korea but my major was Advertising and Public Relations. I finished the ESL course this summer and I'm going to start pre-pharmacy classes in CC.

According to the 3rd page of "2009-10 Summary of Pre-professional Course Requirements by Pharmacy Degree Institution" file, there is a explanation, "* Students with a baccalaureate degree prior to enrolling in the School of Pharmacy must complete the math and science prereqs only."

Here is the file.
http://www.aacp.org/resources/acade...nts/0910_PharmacyPre-RequisiteInformation.pdf

So is that mean I don't need to take the classes of humanity such as English, economy, and psychology etc? Can I just finish the yellow parts on the filefor the pre-pharm course before I apply?

I already make a plan of my pre-pharm classes but I noticed that a few minuets ago. :scared: If it's true I need to adjust my schedule.



(add) Thank you guys! I'm gonna call the schools to make it sure.
 
Last edited:
Call the schools you want to apply to. We can only give you our opinions, but the schools will tell you exactly what they want you to do.
 
as the other poster has mentioned, please contact the school you wish to apply. each school has a different set of pre-req's.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same "boat", I called a few schools i'm interested and they told me what was required. One common key course I was missing from my '01 BS degrees was Public Speaking.:d
 
Hi there!

I got bachelor degree on 2003 in South Korea but my major was Advertising and Public Relations. I finished the ESL course this summer and I'm going to start pre-pharmacy classes in CC.

According to the 3rd page of "2009-10 Summary of Pre-professional Course Requirements by Pharmacy Degree Institution" file, there is a explanation, "* Students with a baccalaureate degree prior to enrolling in the School of Pharmacy must complete the math and science prereqs only."

Here is the file.
http://www.aacp.org/resources/acade...nts/0910_PharmacyPre-RequisiteInformation.pdf

So is that mean I don't need to take the classes of humanity such as English, economy, and psychology etc? Can I just finish the yellow parts on the filefor the pre-pharm course before I apply?

I already make a plan of my pre-pharm classes but I noticed that a few minuets ago. :scared: If it's true I need to adjust my schedule.



(add) Thank you guys! I'm gonna call the schools to make it sure.

You do need to take anything you didn't take in your BA. Also, you need to make sure the schools you're applying to will accept your credits from that international program. They probably will, but it would be terrible to do all of your science and math and then find out that your literature class doesn't transfer.