Pre-Pharm Memberships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxdude

California Love
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any organizations (clubs, associations, etc) that I can join as a pre-pharm student to help make me a stronger candidate for entrance into pharmacy school? I've looked into a few of them and they were only for students already in pharmacy school. Any input would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I was in NCPA (National Community Pharmacists Association) and ACS (American Chemical Society) as an undergrad. A few of my classmates were in APhA (American Pharmacists Association). I don't think that they restrict membership to most clubs. You might have to get a different type of membership, or pay different dues, but you should be able to join. Some schools have a pre-pharm or pre-professional society too. I was also in that, and it was pretty interesting. We brought in professional students from all over and interviewed them about their class/social lives/application process. Sometimes they offered application/essay workshops, etc.

If there isn't a pre-pharm club you should start one!!!! We'll give you advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to start a pre-pharm club at my university - except for one minor problem....I was the only pre-pharm student! Now that I think about it though, I should've started one because then I would have made myself president and I would have never been late to or missed my own "meetings". :D

Are you just talking about pharmacy specific clubs? If not, I highly recommend being involved with your student government and different clubs offered at your school. I think the adcoms really like to see involvement in things like that.

I m pre pharm and I am member of the pharmacy organizations ASP and SSHP