rxdude

California Love
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
California
Status (Visible)
Are there any organizations (clubs, associations, etc) that I can join as a pre-pharm student to help make me a stronger candidate for entrance into pharmacy school? I've looked into a few of them and they were only for students already in pharmacy school. Any input would be appreciated.

jdpharmd?

Turning lead into gold
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2003
AND then...
Status (Visible)
I was in NCPA (National Community Pharmacists Association) and ACS (American Chemical Society) as an undergrad. A few of my classmates were in APhA (American Pharmacists Association). I don't think that they restrict membership to most clubs. You might have to get a different type of membership, or pay different dues, but you should be able to join. Some schools have a pre-pharm or pre-professional society too. I was also in that, and it was pretty interesting. We brought in professional students from all over and interviewed them about their class/social lives/application process. Sometimes they offered application/essay workshops, etc.

About the Ads

I was going to start a pre-pharm club at my university - except for one minor problem....I was the only pre-pharm student! Now that I think about it though, I should've started one because then I would have made myself president and I would have never been late to or missed my own "meetings". :D

K

kim.

Are you just talking about pharmacy specific clubs? If not, I highly recommend being involved with your student government and different clubs offered at your school. I think the adcoms really like to see involvement in things like that.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.