Pre-Pharm Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PrepharmKID

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have seen quite a few people ask what they need for admissions and what works and blah blah. I think you should all look at the schools you would like to attend and then look at the "specific" requirements for those schools. Here are a few though that "generally" are required:

Organic Chemistry I and II
General Chemistry I and II
Brief Calculus or some require Calculus I
English 101 and 102
Biology I and II
Human Anatomy I and II
Social Sciences - Psychology, sociology, anthropology, or political sciences (3 to 6 credits)
World Cultures (3 or 6 credits)
Microbiology
Communication
Humanities (6 to 9 credits)
Physics
Statistics(check for which kind of statistics)
Economics (3 credits)

Like I said, some schools are very particular about courses. So this is just a general list of requirements. But if you have these you should be able to apply to most schools.

If anyone wants to list their favorite or accepted school and their specific requirements, go ahead.