Pre-Pharm student thinking taking the pcat

Started by Tofup97
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tofup97

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

The only prereq classes I have taken are Bio I, English, two history classes, General Chem I and II . I want to know if it is wise for me to even considered taking the PCAT this year and then apply to pharamcy school while taking over 18 credits in both fall and spring semester.
 
Hi,

The only prereq classes I have taken are Bio I, English, two history classes, General Chem I and II . I want to know if it is wise for me to even considered taking the PCAT this year and then apply to pharamcy school while taking over 18 credits in both fall and spring semester.

You could apply in the summer, finish more core classes in the fall, and take the January PCAT.
 
You could apply in the summer, finish more core classes in the fall, and take the January PCAT.
January is considered really late for PCAT. schools prefer students take it earlier than January. Because it takes them a few weeks to get the official scores and it drags the admission process.