Pre-Pharmacy Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NauticaLife

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My name is Mark and I am a pre-pharmacy student. I'm taking the prerequisite courses in my local community college system and then transferring to Western New England. I'm currently a technician at CVS. I was hoping for some advice. First, my store manager says that it's company policy to not give letters of reference, which I need for the PharmCAS application. Is this true? Also, can anyone recommend anything I should do to prepare for the PCAT other than studying the Kaplan book? And also after which classes should I take the PCAT? I know I'm new here and any help is appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Mark. To address your first question about CVS, I am not sure. I work at CVS as a pharm. tech. and I was not aware of the policy (and I suppose my pharmacist wasn't either). I got my letter of recommendation from my pharmacist. I would be surprised if there was a policy because I wouldn't know where some people (like me) would get a pharmacist LOR (which is required by some schools). As for the PCAT I used Kaplans, Dr. Collins (packet of tests), and Pearson official tests. I used Dr. Collins tests to gauge how well I am doing on each section and areas where I need to improve in. Kaplan was very detailed in biology which was great for me when I needed to review specific topics. Chad's videos was EXCELLENT in covering gen chem and organic chem. I took the pearson tests at the end to see how well my studies went and to prepare myself days before the actual exam.