Pre-Pharmacy at WVU Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Future Pharmer

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently got accepted to West Virginia University. Currently I'm attending Rutgers Business School as a sophomore. I always liked science and had an act for it, the only classes that would be credited as pre-pharm pre reqs are: Micro, stats, english, calc, history, 1 year of foreign languages and 1 year of social sciences. Basically if I attend WVU in the 2012 fall for a pre-pharm program, would it increase my chances of getting into the pharmacy school? How are the classes? I have a 3.2GPA so can that even relate to the classes i will be taking in pre-pharm? I also feel like their is so much job security in being a pharmacist and many business possibilities in the future. Plus the pay is good. Not sure if im setting myself up for failure. Just need advice, so stressed with everything :scared:
 
I recently got accepted to West Virginia University. Currently I'm attending Rutgers Business School as a sophomore. I always liked science and had an act for it, the only classes that would be credited as pre-pharm pre reqs are: Micro, stats, english, calc, history, 1 year of foreign languages and 1 year of social sciences. Basically if I attend WVU in the 2012 fall for a pre-pharm program, would it increase my chances of getting into the pharmacy school? How are the classes? I have a 3.2GPA so can that even relate to the classes i will be taking in pre-pharm? I also feel like their is so much job security in being a pharmacist and many business possibilities in the future. Plus the pay is good. Not sure if im setting myself up for failure. Just need advice, so stressed with everything :scared:


I cannot speak for WVU, because I have never heard of the school before. I do know that you don't need a "pre-pharm" major to apply to pharmacy school. You just need to complete the prerequisites requirement for pharmacy school. I would suggest you to check out websites of some pharmacy schools you like, then write down their pre-reqs. I think GPA, PCAT and EC experiences are huge factors in getting into pharmacy school. Sometimes the reputation of undergrad helps but is not always the case.
gl hf