Pre-Pharmacy Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tootoo30

Account Closed!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can all the pre-requisites be taken online. I have a degree in Information Technology so I am only missing the science courses, but I work fulltime so going to school during the day is not an option with a son to raise and being a single parent. If they are available online can you guide me in the right direction.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I would not recommend taking all of your science courses online. Even if you have to take them one at a time and get a sitter, or perhaps find a night class(they are available, I took many)

Most institutions won't accept all online science courses, and some won't accept any at all. And, looking back, there is no way to absorb all of that material and gain a full understanding without actual classroom time. In addition, the lab experience is critical.

I know it's tough, but even if you take it slowly, you should really try and get into some hands on classes. Just a suggestion!

Hey, there.
I'm a parent of 2 small children and I've been taking 1-2 pre-pharm class in the evening at a community college. I'm just finishing up the first year of pre-reqs and will take the others at a 4 year university. Managing the family and school is difficult....especially when the kids are sick.....SUPER hard.....but it is do-able. Take your time, get your feet wet and see what happens.

Thanks for your replies! I just checked online with a community college in my area and they offer some of them at night but some in the day...so I guess I will be going to night school. Funny thing is I work at a university that has a pharmacy school, but I'm only allowed to take classes related to my job which is computers...so I guess I will fit the bill myself and pay for the night classes.

Thanks for everything.