Pre-pharmacy first?

Started by sikh1010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sikh1010

oreo101
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! So I was wondering, when I get out of high school, instead of enrolling into a six year pharmacy program, can I do a two year pre pharmacy program at one college and then transfer to the professional program at another college? My goal is to graduate high school, go to a college that has two year pre pharm., and then transfer to LIU's professional program. Advice please!?? Im desperate for answers! 🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁
 
Of course you can do that! But are you sure you want to go to another college? I'm actually in the exact opposite position as you. I wish I applied straight out of high school into a six year program and accepted it, because now after four years paying for undergraduate school, I have to pay more to apply and go through another four years of school for something I am sure I want to do. Moreover, depending on what program you apply to, you have a great advantage in staying in the program and getting your PharmD. So research some programs and see if you're better off at a 6 year program, or if you need the 2 years to decide if this is really right for you.
 
Thank you for the support! And actually I would LOVE to go to your campus. I'm willing to do anything to get in but I feel I'm not good enough to get it. There might be people who have better grades than me. And trust me, once I get into the pharmacy program, I have no plans of leaving. I'm willing to dedicate my entire life to pharmacy. 🙂