Pre-pharmacy- lecom advice

Started by 12344321
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

12344321

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just graduated in the May with a major in Biology and a minor in Chemistry. My GPA is pretty low due to personal problems and overload in work hrs (50+hrs). My GPA is at a 2.7. I have shadowing experience and have not taken the PCAT (which is not required for lecom if you have a bachelors degree). Where do you see my chances of getting in? I would like to apply this early fall for early admission.
 
So I just graduated in the May with a major in Biology and a minor in Chemistry. My GPA is pretty low due to personal problems and overload in work hrs (50+hrs). My GPA is at a 2.7. I have shadowing experience and have not taken the PCAT (which is not required for lecom if you have a bachelors degree). Where do you see my chances of getting in? I would like to apply this early fall for early admission.

Well their website says

"Earn a minimum of a 2.7 grade point average on a 4.0 scale, with no required course grade lower than C (70%)."

So I guess you still have a shot. Did you get less than a 70% in any prerequisites? I'm also applying to Lecom (Erie campus) actually I've already submitted my pharmcas app
 
So I just graduated in the May with a major in Biology and a minor in Chemistry. My GPA is pretty low due to personal problems and overload in work hrs (50+hrs). My GPA is at a 2.7. I have shadowing experience and have not taken the PCAT (which is not required for lecom if you have a bachelors degree). Where do you see my chances of getting in? I would like to apply this early fall for early admission.

Take pcat get above 90 and your set on getting to majority of schools you're eligible for.