Pre-Pharmacy Prerequisite (Science Major)

Started by pharm357
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm357

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I know most of prerequisites for pharmacy school, including General Biology, General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry, some elective, math until Calculus I

Do I have to have a Biochemistry or Cell Biology, or Molecular Biology?
Do I have to check with each school individually to see if I meet their requirement?
Is there a website to list all courses taken to match me with schools?

Thanks for help!
 
For example I was accepted to PBA which only required biochem and not any others and was also accepted to usf which requires both mollecular and biochem and micro
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For example I was accepted to PBA which only required biochem and not any others and was also accepted to usf which requires both mollecular and biochem and micro
you mean check with the school I want to apply to. I want to apply broadly more than one school. So if one needs them and the other does not want them, do I just take them anyway?
 
you mean check with the school I want to apply to. I want to apply broadly more than one school. So if one needs them and the other does not want them, do I just take them anyway?

Check ALL of the schools you're thinking of applying to and then make a list of all the pre-reqs only writing down shared ones once. Cross off what you've taken. What's left is what you have to take.