Pre-Pharmacy Program @ Seattle U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr Tang

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of going into Pharmacy and wanted to know more about the Pre-Pharmacy program at SU.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Or you can check out their website. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Tang,

I graduated from SU 2004 and they didn't have a pre-pharm program at the time I graduated. Plus a pre-pharm program can be fulfilled by taking the neccessary pre-req classes, which depends on which schools you applied to. So bottom line, know the pre-requisites that needs to be filled for the pharmacy school you want to go to.

good luck.

I have talked to a bunch of people at SU and it turns out that they only have a Pre-Medicine program. I am not sure if I should go to SU or UW as an undergraduate.

I have talked to a bunch of people at SU and it turns out that they only have a Pre-Medicine program. I am not sure if I should go to SU or UW as an undergraduate.

You can major in anything (for ex: biology), as long as you fulfill the prereqs for the schools that you plan to apply to in the future. And you can always join a pre-pharmacy club if SeattleU has one. Personally if I still live up in Seattle (I live in Cali now), I would attend UW if I get accepted because of the cheaper tuition.

If money is an issue, I would just take the pre reqs elsewhere since SU tuition is so high!

Also it depends on what school u want to go to. If you want to go to UW, then being an undergrad there helps since you can do things that can help your application by maybe volunteering @ the UW Med center, join the pre-pharmacy club and get to know some of the faculty from the UW SOP.

Good luck!

True. UW has a Pre-Pharmacy program and everything. But SU has much smaller class sizes so I thought that I'd benefit more if I went to SU.

That's true that smaller classes are better. That's the thing I hated about UW, the huge class sizes for Bio and Chem. Your professors don't know you unless u go to the office hours every day. And usually there's no office hour every day. Also that it was hard to take Biology because it was only offered at one time each quarter and if you had schedule conflict with another class u had to wait to take it next quarter.

I found taking classes @ CCs better because the classes were smaller, tuition much cheaper and I felt that I learned more because I was able to get help and ask questions all the time. The instructors actually knew who I was. The class itself is easier than UW but the labs were tougher because you get practical exams instead of just having lap reports, etc.