Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Pre-Pharmacy School?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Naychan, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Naychan

Non-Student
    I'm a Senior in high School, and i have been accepted into Truman State University and UMKC's Pre-pharmacy, and I have no idea which one would give me the better chance to get into Pharmacy School. Truman state is away, and I have been told that it's better to do your undergrad somewhere other than your grad school, and UMKC is most likely going to be my grad school. I am also wanting to leave the house for the real college experience, but if it affects my chances of getting into Pharmacy school, I won't take it. So which University is the best choice for me to take?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Kirbypuff

Kirbypuff Worldling
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    depends on how sure u want to be a pharmacist. i would choose the pre-pharmacy school. it's getting more and more competitive to get into pharmacy school as a transfer.

4. Naychan

Non-Student
    Yeah, but if i go to UMKC i'd have to take the PCATs and all just like Truman State, because i'm still in the 2-4, instead of the 0-6 cause I haven't received a letter for provisional admission. I would be studying the same things to pass my PCATs right?

5. fenixtnlfan

fenixtnlfan P2 Wildcat
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Go wherever you think you will be most happy. Yes you would study the same things and have to take the PCATs either way. You can still go to pharm school from either school. The one perk I could see of UMKC is having the pre-pharm program. You would get more guidance there for pharmacy school than at a program that doesn't have someone specifically helping pre-pharm students. You can still get the info, you'd just have to be more self-reliant. Think about the pros and cons of each school. Only you can really decide what school will be the best fit for you.